Adventures in Meldrick

I have found myself thinking about Adventures in Meldrick, the card game I am developing. As I mentioned last month, it is still in beta and I need to finish the card database.

Currently, all the cards are handwritten and on half of 3×5 lined index cards. I want to change this. A friend of mine has worked with me in the past, suggesting ideas for the card design and game mechanics. She would likely be willing to help again if I asked. Some aspects of the game can be worked out remotely, such as card design, but most of the problems are related to the game mechanics and the play time.

The game is still Monopoly. Not literally, of course, but due to the length of play time. I have played Adventures in Meldrick numerous times with my friends and family, but not even once did we finish. I’m working on changing the rules, mechanics, etc. to shorten it. Most people dislike long games simply because they are so time-consuming. I want to avoid that.

Lately, I’ve been thinking about making new, printed cards on cardstock. When the game is ready, I would like to make and sell it myself, though it is possible this will make it more expensive. It will be a while because I still need to fix some of the problems and edit the rules.

I plan on making posts about Adventures in Meldrick, and once it’s released, I will make a page on my website with purchasing information and links to FAQs, rules, instructions, etc. I want all the information about and for the game to be easily accessible. I might even make the rule card(s) or booklet optional since all of the information in it will be online.

As I work on this game, there will be more information. I won’t update this post, but I will make more posts in the future about it, detailing progress, specifics about the game, etc.